What does an average week look like at Abbey Road Institute?
Our Diploma in Music Production and Sound Engineering is an intensive, full-time program. You will have a daily timetable of lectures with our core team as well as weekly lectures with industry experts.
The Institute is open 5 days a week, and we encourage you to use the studios and equipment as much as possible to make the most of your time at Abbey Road. This means you can be working and recording during the evenings in addition to your timetabled lectures and workshops.
Our diploma is an industry standard, professional training course, which will give you the knowledge, skills and access to professional networks that will help you progress in audio production and music industry. We encourage applications from students from all different backgrounds and musical interest. You will need to demonstrate the required level of skills as detailed in the entry requirements, but we’re not looking for students interested in any specific ‘type’ of music or genre. The course is intensive and we encourage you to apply if you are passionate about the subject, driven to work hard and want to immerse yourself in a dynamic, professional studio environment.
The application process for our diploma is straightforward. You can apply online via our application portal here – APPLY NOW.
You will need to demonstrate that you meet the entry requirements and upload copies of your qualifications and your music portfolio. If you do not have copies of your qualifications or are waiting for your results, you may still submit your application form to be considered.
We interview all applicants that meet the entry requirements. If you are in Florida we would like to interview you in person. If you are applying from a different State, we can interview you on Skype or a similar platform.
We will notify you of the outcome of your application within a few days of your interview. If you have any questions or need any support with the online application process please contact our Admissions team who will be very happy to help.
The minimum age requirement to take our course is 18.
There is only one intake per year, which starts in September. We advise you to start your application as early as possible to give yourself time to fully prepare your application and interview. Our class sizes are small with a maximum of 16 spaces available for each intake. The course is in demand in advance of the application deadline and start date, so we recommend applying as soon as you are able to.
We hold interviews on a rolling basis up until the course is full or until the month before the course is due to start. We may consider earlier or later applications depending on availability.
Your application is your opportunity to demonstrate that you meet the entry requirements necessary to study on the course. So that we can assess your suitability for the course and offer you an interview you will need to include the following documents:
- A Music Portfolio (4 productions in which you demonstrate different roles, such as performer, producer, engineer, writer etc). Please label the portfolio or submit further documentation to explain your role in each production. If you don’t have 4 yet please submit what you can. We do not expect to receive high quality productions but are simply looking for evidence that you have been attempting to create and produce music for a period of time.
- Academic qualifications.
- Music qualifications – if you don’t have a formal music qualification please state your level of music knowledge and experience in your covering letter.
- A cover letter. This is where you can explain your motivation to study, career goals and provide further explanation about your background (recordings, composing, performances etc). You should also explain your musical abilities, eg. which instrument (s) you play, what music theory experience you have and give an indication of your level.
- Your Curriculum Vitae – allowances will be made for applicants with relating “real-world” experience.
- Copy of photographic ID, this is usually a scan of your passport or ID card from your home country. For passports please provide a scan of the front cover and photo page.
The payment for each term is due before the start of that term. The Diploma consists of 3 terms. The full program fee is 16,950 USD per term, in addition to a $500 registration fee. There are no additional costs for books or supplies.
*If you are not selected for an interview your registration fee will be refunded in full. If your application is unsuccessful after your interview we will refund your registration fee minus a $100 administration fee.
Our Diploma is not a 3-year degree programme, and therefore not eligible for an undergraduate student loan. You may find other funding options by doing your own research online.
Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor any student visas at this moment in time, therefore we cannot accept students from abroad unless of course, you have a valid residence permit.